Life pretty much changes the minute you realise you’re going to be a parent. Whether it was a planned or unplanned baby, the arrival of a newborn can make your world go topsy turvy. Here are some tips that will help first-time parents
- It is normal to feel overwhelmed and confused at times. But remember, there are others going through the exact same emotions as you and learning to deal with them. Don’t hesitate to ask for help. Your family will be more than happy to step in and rise to the occasion.
- First-time parents are also bombarded with suggestions, advice and home remedies whether they asked for it or not. While it is alright to listen to everyone, it is always best to check with your doctor before trying anything.
- You also need to manage your time better. Make a timetable with your partner about diaper duties, feeding times etc so that the shared responsibility allows you both to enjoy parenthood instead of getting bogged down by it.
- All first-time parents make mistakes and you will too. The idea is to learn from them. Before you know it, you will instinctively know what is bothering your baby.
- It is also important to make a budget plan for your baby. Although babies pretty much eat, burp and sleep the first few months, you need to think about the future and plan about their schooling and other expenses.